When two people get married it is the single happiest time of their lives. Perhaps this is why our hearts run warm when we receive a wedding invitation in the mail. Because it is so special to them . . . it lets us know that we are also special in their lives to be included.
Today a wedding isn’t just an “I do” and a promise. It is an event. Every guest is an expense . . . so if you made the guest list you know that your presence is truly important. This makes writing wedding card wishes a little tougher though doesn’t it? What do you say? What is the thin line between cheesy and over the top? For different circumstances and different couple’s beliefs . . . what should you say?
If you have a friend of family member who is getting married soon, read on to find a few verses written by professional greeting card writers along with perfect favorite quotes and verses for making that card extra, extra special . . .
Famous Verses that Add Romantic Flare
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit - Peter Ustinov
- “I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”- Anon.
• “Here is the deepest secret nobody knows.
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
Which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide.
And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.
I carry your heart.
I carry it in my heart.”
- E.E. Cummings
Now let’s explore some verses from our greeting card specialists
- May you always remember the way you feel right this very moment. In the good times, may you celebrate new memories – never forgetting old favorites. In the difficult times, may you fall into that memory feet first and soak it all in letting forgiveness wash you over . . . until the fight has ended.
- Today on your wedding day . . . may you always remember the butterflies that danced in your stomach before she walked down the aisle. May you always feel the gentle touch of a ring of beautiful promise slipped upon the hand closest to your heart . . . and most of all, may you remember that those who love you celebrate with you and wish you all the love your hearts can hold.
- May you remember, as you start this day and the rest of your tomorrows, that this marriage always needs room for three . . . the two of you . . . and the One who created you. If you hold Him close to your hearts and allow Him to work through you – you will experience the fullness of His love and an ability to love, forgive and befriend one another in a way that mimics His grace.
Now a few Bible verses that are great for wedding card wishes
- Genesis 2: 20 -23
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
The man said,
- "This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman' ,
for she was taken out of man."
- Ruth - Chapter 1:16-17
But Ruth replied "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go, I will go and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
Wedding card wishes may seem difficult to write at first, but when you speak from the heart no matter how it sounds . . . the bride and groom will see the thought and care you put into the words, making them the most beautiful on earth.